- 2 Lb (12 pieces) Fish
- 1 tbsp of Mustard Oil
- 5 tbsp (yellow type preferred) Mustard seeds
- 5 stalks (chopped) of Cilantro
- 2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 8 sliced Green Chili
- 5 green chillies for grinding with mustard seeds
- 1 tsp of red chili powder
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 tsp or salt to taste
- 0.5 tsp of Nigella
Category : Fish|
Rating : 3
Contributor : panache
1. Take eight 6 in x 6 inch slices of banana leaves, wash and set aside.
2. Grind together mustard seeds, salt and green chilies adding half a cup water.
3. Marinate the fish pieces with turmeric powder, salt, and red chili powder. You can use either grass crap, halibut, sea bass, salmon or cat fish for this purpose.
4. Mix mustard oil, sliced green chilies, kalonji and sugar with the mustard paste.
5. Coat the fish pieces evenly with the masala paste. Wrap in the banana leaves and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degree. F for about 30 minutes or till done.
6. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with basmati rice.